Sweets

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Salted Caramel Cupcakes





The making of Caramel...

One Cup of sugar. Two tablespoons corn syrup. Four tablepoons water.
Boil a couple minutes until light brown...


2/3 cup heavy cream. 3 tablespoons butter. One squeeze of lemon juice, sea salt.  

The making of the frosting...

2 sticks butter. 8 ounce cream cheese.

One cup of caramel. 2 cups confectioners sugar.

MIX
Chocolate Cupcakes

Ina Garten recipe (this one).
I added chocolate pieces for a filling.



I made my first batch of caramel frosting last week and loved it so much I made it for two events! You can never go wrong with Ina Garten's chocolate cake, but I like to add a center to my cupcakes, so I put a pieces of chocolate in the center after about ten minutes of baking and then put them back in the oven to finish cooking. Before I put the heavy cream and butter in the caramel I drizzled some on a piece of aluminum foil, and sure enough it hardened like caramel candy immediately. I used the hard caramel as a topper for the cupcakes. 
These cupcakes got very good reviews, you must try!

- L -

No comments:

Post a Comment